Sunday 20 May 2012

Religulous

Religulous is a film by one of my favourite comedians, Bill Maher. I agree with Bill Maher when it comes to organized religion, although I must say that I am a little more sensitive towards deeply held personal beliefs than he is. It is the political reality of religion that I abhor, not its moral or spiritual aspects, usually. In my experience, few people who are zealously religious demonstrate behaviour that I would call spiritual, but I've met many spiritual people who professed being religious, they just weren't zealous. The primary problem with zealots is that they close their minds off to other ways of looking at the world, especially science.

This post is doing the rounds on facebook, it seemed quite apropos, although it should be titled Organized Religion:


No comments:

Post a Comment

The History of Europe: Every Year